Thursday, November 5, 2009

My Mommy's Birthday...

Today is my mom's birthday. She turned 54...trust me, she won't mind that I put that on here. She actually thought she was turning 55 and was a little dissappointed when she found out she couldn't get the "senior discount" at IHOP until next year! That's just the way my mommy is! My mom is the best mom to her 3 daughters. She became a Christian shortly after she had me and has been loving and serving our Lord since then. There is so much I could say about my mom. She has given up her life to take care of her mom, who has alzheimers which is a full-time job in itself but she still finds time to run her little farm. Taking care of the horses, goats, chickens, dogs, cats...works a part-time job at home and still prepares the best meals I have ever eaten! I could go on and on...she is truly an amazing woman. It's so nice to be able to spend time with her. I love you Mommy and thank you for all that you do for me and your family!

For her birthday, we all went to my parents house to celebrate it. Danielle brought Rib Crib, I made the cake (it's becoming a tradition...I've been making a Tres Leches cake for the past 3 years), and Jill made her famous Iced Tea. I wish everyone could have a taste of her tea, it's the best!

Happy Birthday Mommy!
This is my mom a little over 30 years ago.
My mom on her 54th birthday!
My mom with her 3 daughters.
This is us now.
This is us then!
Mommy blowing her "54" candles out!
The best parents in the world - Mommy & Daddy!
The next best parents in the world - ha! I guess that would need to come from Isaac!
Isaac (not wanting to hold his hand), Tyler and Chad
Danielle & Chloe
Noah & Jill
Tyler, Chad & Me
Jill & Danielle showing us how to whistle
Chad wouldn't be serious with me in a picture, so I posted it anyway!
Again...
It was a great evening. We even played a game of Scattergories afterwards and laughed a lot! We actually got home and bathed Tyler & Chloe since they had school in the morning and all got to bed before midnight. I know that's late but my parents live almost 45 minutes from us so I thought we did pretty good!

1 comment:

Dana said...

I love the old pictures! Is there a way to make them bigger? I also do the same thing to Ryan when he won't pose for pictures either- I've got several awkward ones of him up on my blog!