Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Some Things

Well, I haven't been feeling real well for the past week or so, so it's been hard to even think about what to write on here...but here are a few random things that happened.

Since Isaac & I haven't been feeling real well, I decided to stay home from church with him while Chad took Tyler & Chloe. However, Isaac woke up pretty early so Chad took him downstairs and took care of him for most of the morning. At some point Chad came to our room to tell me that he made Isaac some ramen noodles for breakfast. My reaction wasn't very kind...(sorry Chad)...no offense to ramen noodles, I have it in my pantry for crying out loud! But the only reason I have it is for Chad to take to work and eat for "back-up" if there is nothing else for lunch that day, plus I was going to make my friends cole-slaw that calls for the noodles. The reason I was so upset was because it has no nutritional value and especially while he's not feeling well, he needs all the help he can get and ramen noodles isn't going to do it! Chad quickly went back downstairs and made some oatmeal for Isaac...(thank you honey)!

Shortly after, I got up and went downstairs. While all the kids were eating I asked Chad if we could talk in the other room for a second (to apologize for my reaction for feeding Isaac ramen noodles). Well, when we returned...Isaac spilled the remaining oatmeal out all over the place and of course, with Tyler & Chloe there laughing...he thought it was okay. He made a huge mess and daddy thought it was funny too so he took pictures.



I guess it wasn't too bad of a mess, but when you are not feeling well...everything seems like a bigger deal than it really is (at least for me)!
One more thing...
For many, many months now we've been trying to get Isaac to call me mommy and it just hasn't happen. Now he's said it many times but I don't think he's actually calling me mommy (I guess I could be wrong). Anyhow, a while back when we said "mommy", he said "daddy" and we laughed so EVERYTIME we say "say mommy" he says "daddy". Well, this morning he finally said mommy when I said "say mommy"! That made me feel so good...I made a huge deal out of it gave him a big hug and told him what a good boy he was. Then I tried it again and guess what he said...
"daddy!"
Oops, I almost forgot...Isaac has another tooth coming in this morning. That makes 14 teeth at 18 months!

No comments: