Thursday, November 19, 2009

Trip to Branson

Man...it's a busy life (I am sure everyone can appreciate that). Finally, I have a chance to get on here and tell about our trip to Branson. We...Chad, Isaac, Karin (Grandma Newton) and myself took a trip up to Branson. Karin had to go for business so we just went along for the ride. I cannot believe that Chad actually took two days off of work...it was a miracle! During our time there he kept saying "Man, I need to do this more often"...I totally agree! We left on Sunday afternoon, checked into our hotel then went to eat at Bob Evans Restaurant. We slept in on Monday, took our time getting ready then we took a walk to a store close by our hotel. When Karin was done working, we went to Branson Landing and walked around, got some coffee and did a little shopping. Later that evening we had dinner and afterwards went to the Presleys' Country Jubilee show, compliments of Grandma Newton! It was awesome. Isaac didn't get a nap in during the day so he fell asleep right before the show but woke up about 30 minutes into it and really enjoyed the rest of it! It was awesome. On Tuesday we got up and started to head home, however, since Karin was working...we drove all over the place so she could get her stores done. The best part of the drive home was that she had a few stores in Eureka Springs, AR so we got to get out and do a little walking and shopping there as well. It was such an awesome trip...


My boys...I love them so much!

Daddy, Isaac & Mommy

Please ignore the pink stroller. We borrowed this umbrella stroller from my sister in law...Chad really had to dig deep to allow Isaac to sit in it.

Isaac stayed in this same position as long as he was in that stroller...he stiffens up when I put those gloves on him, it is so adorable.

Cutie!

I forgot to get a picture of us while we were there...so this is what I got as we were leaving the parking lot!

Statue of Jesus in Eureka Springs where they perform "The Passion"

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Sounds like you had a fun and much needed trip! We go to Branson often, but mostly just to Silver Dollar City since we have season passes. The kids love it!

Kimber Newton said...

It was so much fun...thanks for your comment. You know, I finally realized why I couldn't leave a comment for people on their blog...(it's taken me two days to do this one)...I wasn't signed it! Ha, ha! Your coasters should be done by the beginning of next week!