Thursday, October 22, 2009

Cleaning the Carpet (trying to...)

I better grab some dark chocolate M&M's and some coffee...it's going to be a late night!

A few months ago, we borrowed Chad's parents carpet cleaner. I got a couple rooms done back then and quit because it was late at night and I wanted to go to bed. So the carpet cleaner made its way to the garage. Meanwhile, the living room carpet kept getting worse and worse and the only time I could clean the carpet is at night after Isaac is sleeping so that it can dry over night, and lately I've been so tired. Well, today I napped when he napped (that was awesome!) and Chad was going to work late so I decided that I would do it tonight. After moving all the furniture out (minus the couch), I got started a little after 10pm. I was almost done with half the living room and realized that the "recovery tank" was empty. Which means that the soapy water that I was spraying in the carpet was staying in the carpet. So, I called Chad...he tried to walk me through everything that he thought could be wrong...but no luck. So now he's on his way home to fit the problem. Poor guy. It's a good way to get him to come home but unfortunately he cannot just go to bed, he has to fix it so that I can finish what I started so our carpet won't get ruined (it's after midnight now).

As I am waiting for Chad to get home, I decide to vacuum the stairway with the hose. As I am doing so, I smell something burning. I looked down and realized only one of my socks was on the ground. Ha! The other one had been sucked up in the vacuum cleaner! This has nothing to do with the fact that the carpet cleaner is not working...I promise (I think)!

Okay...it's almost 2am and the job is done. I am not sure what he did to fix it, but he got it working. Thanks Chad...I owe you a back massage!

No comments: