Thursday, October 8, 2009

Oatmeal for Breakfast

I am not a morning person, so whatever I can do the night before to make my mornings more pleasant, I do. Coffee is a given. I make it for Chad and set the timer so that he can have coffee for his ride to work, then just reheat and drink what he left in the pot when I get up.

Another thing that I do is make breakfast at night (thanks Uncle Lenny for telling me about this).

I put the following in a pot and cover with a lid:

Oatmeal (whole oats)
Water
Raisins
Cinnamon

In the morning all I to do is turn it on low heat just to warm it up, since the oats are already "cooked" in the water. I serve it with butter, sugar-in-the-raw, and a little milk. Sometimes I add maple syrup to it if Chad is eating!

It makes breakfast time around here very simple and I like simple!

2 comments:

Eileen said...

Cute Blog, Kimber!!!! I love your pictures! I think you should do Facebook too! ;0)

LDH said...

Nice Blog Kimber!

Hadn't remembered 'fermented' oats until now! (•¿•)

May our good Lord continue to bless and protect your family!

Love you all!

Uncle Lenny