Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Trip to Kansas City

It's tradition. Every year my dad takes a trip up to Kansas City to go to a Kansas City Chiefs football game with his brother, my Uncle Patrick. This year was extra special since the Chiefs were playing the Dallas Cowboys, which is my dad's favorite team! At the last minute I decided to go along for the ride with Isaac to spend some time with my dad and hang out with my Aunt Lori and cousins (Garrison, Taylor, and Morgan).


Even though I was excited to go, I was feeling bad about leaving Chad but he kept reassuring me that I just needed to go and have fun! The night before we left my dad called and told me that there was an extra ticket to the game so if I wanted to go I could (now I really felt guilty that I was going and not Chad). I really had no intentions of going to the game...I didn't even pack extra warm clothes.

We had a really nice visit with the family. Isaac loved "Tito" the pug and "Flip-Flop" the cat. He also enjoyed giving Taylor kisses when she asked for them and even though her friend Lindsey asked for kisses too, the phone is all she got! We planned to watch Marley & Me that evening, however, Aunt Lori accidentally recorded it in Spanish! Football was turned on so Isaac & I went to bed.



Well, Uncle Pat convinced me that I needed to go to the game...(again, feeling guilty it's me and not Chad)...so they dressed me in Chiefs colors. The people around me probably thought I was a little confused as I rooted for the Cowboys. For those of you who know me...I am not much of a sports fan. I don't enjoy watching it on t.v. but when you have a husband who loves it...it kind of rubs off on you. Personally, I would rather clean house than to sit around and watch a game. Anyhow, the game was so much fun. I am glad my uncle MADE me go! I will also add that my dad has been a Cowboys fan for as long as I can remember and this was his first time to see them play in person. It was a very special day...for the both of us!

No comments: